Post-doctoral Researcher in Global Urban Studies (M/F)
- Réf.: F3R-IPS-PFN-15GLOB
- Full-time, 40 hrs/week
- 3-years contract
- Start date: 1 March 2016
Under the direction of Prof. Dr. Markus Hesse, the successful candidate will
- Participate in further developing the research concept of GLOBAL, most notably the approach of “relational cities”,
- Prepare the data-basis of the research on the internationalisation of cities in general and the three case study places in particular (literature, secondary data, archival data, press releases, grey literature),
- Contribute to the data collection in the case studies of GLOBAL, most notably by preparing and (partly) conducting the primary research activities,
- Take care of related field research activities in one of the three case studies areas, including on-site visits, preparatory arrangements and interviews/focus groups,
- Provide accurate data collection, assessment and interpretation, particularly with respect to non-standardised methods, and among others by means of software assistance (i.e. MaxQDA),
- Prepare the scientific reports on the related subject matter,
- Disseminate findings through blog entries and peer-reviewed publications, and also presenting the project’s findings at relevant scientific conferences.
Desired candidates will have:
- A completed PhD related to the field of human geography, sociology, other social sciences, or planning;
- Professional experience, i.e. research practice of at least three years following the termination of the doctorate
- A publication record that includes single and co-authored peer-reviewed publications and book chapters on the subject matter
- Fluent written and spoken language skills in English and further competencies in either German or French;
- A network of established research contacts at national and international levels;
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team.
- A collaborative research environment in the social sciences and humanities in general and in geography and spatial planning in particular;
- Opportunity to participate in the development of interdisciplinary research structures, both within and beyond IPSE;
- Possibility to become part of a highly committed, highly international and dynamically developing Institute of about 30 people.
- A letter of motivation;
- A detailed CV including research experience and publication record;
- A copy of the PhD diploma;
- At least two names and addresses of potential referees.
Deadline for applications: December 31st, 2015
Information and application procedures here: http://emea3.mrted.ly/we83
Contact: Prof. Dr. Markus Hesse (email@example.com), Tél. +352 46 66 44-9627.