PostDoc/Assistant chercheur (M/F) – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning
- Ref: F3-50009874
- Fixed-term contract (40 hours/week for 3 years, a 2 year-prolongation is possible)
- Employee status
- Preferred starting date: 1.6.2016
The overall objective of the contract is to work in the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning on topics of migration and asylum and to develop research proposals to strengthen the field of migration inside the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education.
Your RoleThe postdoc will work on the topic of migration and asylum within the team of “Political Geography” in the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
Under the supervision of the Professor Birte Nienaber, he/she will:
- Follow the latest developments in the national and European migration policies;
- Conduct research on migration topics;
- Develop research proposals for national and international funding;
- Preparation of academic publications in connection with the research area;
- Support scientifically activities of the UniGR-Center of Border Studies
- Establishing contacts at national and international level
- Assistance in the organisation of seminars, conferences and any other research-related events.
- PhD (or equivalent) in Geography or any other related field;
- Publications in the field of migration;
- Experienced in the field of migration;
- Experienced in writing project proposals to national and international funding ;
- Experience in relation to the international research will be considered as an advantage;
- Experienced in qualitative research methods;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good team worker;
- Good communication and drafting skills.
- An attractive salary;
- A supportive academic community: the PostDoc will work in the international environment of the University of Luxembourg, will be member of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning and will be able to work closely with the Luxembourg European Migration Network Contact Point as well as with the UniGR-Center of Border Studies;
- A vibrant multicultural environment. He/She will have the opportunity to work in the interdisciplinary and international atmosphere of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education and the Research Unit IPSE.
- Letter of motivation;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Copies of diplomas.
Please apply online until 20 April 2016. Application procedures here: Post-doc position to work on migration and asylum.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber
Tel: +352 466644-9318
The University is an equal opportunity employer.